Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Report on The Destiny Project Retreat -- Austin

The Destiny Project Retreat Austin rocked the house! Fourteen amazing women came together for four days of fun, authentic community and deep communion with God. The results were transformational. Here's what just a few of the women had to say about the experience:

"Throw away any preconceived ideas you have about retreats. This is not the same...it's a million times better!" ~ Jamie

"This course has changed my perception of myself and will transform my world as I step into my true identity in Christ. Thank you!" ~ Sam

"The Destiny Project gives you the tools and space to slow down and listen to God and let His truth about who you really are wash over you. It helps you uncover the beautiful desires God has placed deep in your heart to serve and follow Him. I crawled into the weekend beaten and tired. I walked out encouraged and loved and motivated to be all that God has called me to be." ~ Edie

This retreat continually reminds me that whenever we come to God with willing hearts and open curiosity, God runs to meet us (Luke 15:20). He really does want to meet with us and tell us who we are and what he created us to do and empower us to live out that identity and mission in every arena of our lives. The Artist loves his art. The Father loves his child.

With seven trained and certified facilitators, new Destiny Project courses and retreats are being offered all the time. A new website will be up in just a few weeks at www.destinyprojectonline.com, to make it easier to find a Destiny Project course or retreat that works for you. But until then, feel free to email Haley and ask for info. She'll send you a list of all the courses coming up soon.

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." ~ Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)

No comments: