Monday, February 15, 2010

Report on The Destiny Project Retreat -- Seattle

The Destiny Project Retreat in Seattle is over, and I'm stoked by the powerful experience that it was for the women who came, as well as for my friend and colleague, Shannon Bruce, who facilitated the course. Shannon wrote me this note right after the retreat:

"I am basking in the afterglow of love that transpired through the circle of ten women who attended the retreat. It was profound to witness the impact of this transformational experience where women stepped out of the comfort zone into the unknown, creating a space of safety and acceptance to discover their desires, dreams, values, identities and missions."

One of the participants, Rhonda, described her experience this way:

"I’ve lived my life with the burning sense of knowing I was meant for so much more. I filled my life with busyness and over commitment not knowing what to say yes and no to.  I longed to really hear clearly from the Holy Spirit what he saw in me and where he wanted me to go in my life but never felt I could. 

"The Destiny Project Retreat changed all that!  For the first time I heard loud & clear from the Holy Spirit, that he definitely had an identity for me and my mission became quite clear! What incredible freedom to know what to focus my life around. The world would never be the same if every woman stood in their true identity and moved forward courageously in their mission. My prayer is that every woman would get this opportunity."

When I created the Destiny Project, I had no idea how many women were hungry for a training experience like this, where they can be authentically called forth to dream again, discover their truly unique identity as followers of Christ and embrace the full permission to boldly and courageously go after the inspired life God designed them to live. Thanks to all the women who came to Seattle with such open, courageous hearts.

New Destiny Project courses are being offered all the time. Most meet by phone, so travel is no obstacle. If you're interested in learning more, drop me a line. I'll send you our schedule for upcoming courses.

We hope you accept the invitation to be a part of the adventure!

6 comments:

Sara said...

"When I created the Destiny Project, I had no idea how many women were hungry for a training experience like this, where they can be authentically called forth to dream again, discover their truly unique identity as followers of Christ and embrace the full permission to boldly and courageously go after the inspired life God designed them to live."

OH MY WORD!!!! You are not kidding! I cannot begin to tell you the tugging and pulling in a million directions women experience and the voices from our churches, our families and our society that confuse, confuse, confuse! We're supposed to be sexy but not slutty, strong but not overbearing, nurturing but not matronly, smart but not bookish - on and on the list goes... Aaack - the eternal quest for balance is exhausting! To create that quiet place for women to listen to the one voice that matters, the Holy Spirit - great work Michael!

Michael D. Warden said...

thanks Sara!

Linh-Thong said...

Hey, Mr. Michael Warden, just a curious passerby here and a fan and reader of your Pearlsong Refounding series....

When is Word Within coming out? Any news on that? You said it would be out last fall/winter...

Michael D. Warden said...

Hey Linh-Thong -- Thanks for the encouragement. So glad you enjoyed the books. I continue working on The Word Within, and look forward to the day it will be complete. As for timelines, I've opted to keep that info in house...'cause the deadlines keep changing!

The good news is that you can follow the progress of my writing on my novel website:

www.thepearlsongrefounding.com

Just click on "blog."

:)

Linh-Thong said...

Thanks. I'll be on the lookout for when the final book comes out.

lady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.