I was sharing this with my friends at Brilliant Chaos Online last week and told them that I needed a new word to describe this transition. After much verbal wrangling, we came up with "freshurious"...an adjective describing the fresh sense I have of the world, my curiosity for all this newness, subtle but profound, and my sense of sureness that all of it, however unfamiliar, is right and good.
So it's definitely a freshurious time for me. And I am also reminded by this word of another core reality of life: that everything is developmental. Everything that happens in our lives, whether we label it good or bad, presents an opportunity to choose transformation. To be more than you were before it came.
In my desire to experience transformation in the midst of my grief and the changing winds of my life, I am collecting questions to explore, questions that begin to approach the heart of the change that may be trying to happen. Maybe one or more of these will strike a chord with your own life as well:
- What kind of life would you want for yourself if no one else got to vote?
- What is your heart's desire for how your story will unfold from here?
- What is the untold storyline within your soul that most wants to be released?
- What do you need to let go of in order to create what's next?
- What does it mean to be dangerous, radical & free now?