Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'm Back...and this is Cool!

I'm gingerly stepping back into my work after taking the past week off to be with family, and already I'm feeling the excitement about all that's happening right now. I'll fill you in on all of it in the coming posts, but one cool thing in my sites right now is The Destiny Project course, which is about to take a leap into a larger sphere of impact.

For those who don't know, the DP (as we affectionately call it around here) is an 8 week communal journey for women to help them name and design their life around their unique core purpose & identity as followers of Christ. The whole thing happens via teleconference, so women get to go through this journey together from the coziness of their own home. It's a powerfully transformational experience. Here's what just a few of women who've taken the course have to say about it:

"Thank you so much for the opportunity to experience God's love in such an amazing and transformational experience. I will treasure the eight weeks and the beautiful women who participated with me in the Destiny Project for the rest of my life. The Destiny Project is an important part of God's plan for my life. Through this journey, I am maturing and growing into the beautiful and spirit led warrior for Christ that He is calling me to be."—Denise Delacruz, IL

"Being a part of the Destiny Project for women has been one of the most transformative experiences of my life. I’ve achieved success in the past and accomplished many things but it was always measured by what I was “doing” and achieving. I needed coaching on the “being” part of me, and the Destiny Project offered this in an amazing way. I have learned how to be present in my life and I now come from a filled and peaceful place. Through understanding my identity in Christ and my unique life’s mission, I have a sense of power that comes from place of deep peace and rest. What I do now is aligned with who God has created me to be and what His plans are for my life."—Kimberly Maeder, TX

(You can read more testimonials here.)

All that to say, God is all over this thing. We currently have 7 facilitators for the course from all around the country. Each one is an experienced certified coach and devoted Christ follower. And we want to expand the reach of the course much much farther. But we've had some trouble with that for a couple of reasons. One, we're committed to finding only the best facilitators for this work, and so we've been careful (read that: slow) to bring on new facilitators until we're certain they're a good fit. And two, the nature of the course works best with small groups (6-9 women per course), so we have limited bandwidth to accommodate all the women that want to take the course.

But after months of prayer and conversation and research, we're finally seeing a way forward to expand the reach of the course and impact many more women in 2010. No need to go into detail at this point, but the broad strokes are that we've settled on a way to restructure to allow our network of facilitators to expand significantly, and we've found some awesome contacts out there who are raving fans of the work and have access to larger groups of women nationwide. We're also planning to create a retreat version of the course for women who would prefer to go through the experience in that context.

I'm excited about the possibilities and welcome your prayers as our team takes the DP to the next level in the coming months.

Oh, and to see a list of some of our facilitators, just click here. (The bio for our newest facilitator, Debbie Starr, is not yet posted. But you'll love her; she's awesome!)

1 comment:

Claire said...

Love the article...do tell more!Yes, The Destiny Prject is really amazing!