Thursday, February 26, 2009

Are You In Your Element?

A friend turned me onto this video of Sir Ken Robinson, an internationally recognized leader in the development of creativity, innovation and human resources. Sir Robinson has worked with governments in Europe, Asia and the USA, with international agencies, Fortune 500 companies, and some of the world’s leading cultural organizations. He speaks to audiences throughout the world on the creative challenges facing business and education in the new global economies.

In the 90-minute talk below, he explores the principles & ideas behind his latest work, The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything. Aside from being inspirational, I found the talk very affirming of the work I do as a coach and writer, my passion for helping people find their own and build their life around it. I also found many of his ideas enlightening, as Robinson has taken the notion of unleashing human potential that I use as a coach and writer, and overlaid it onto other long-standing institutions like schools, corporations, communities, and governments. Fascinating!

No comments: