Friday, July 11, 2008

The Proof is In My Hands!

The proof copy of Waymaker arrived today from the printer. It looks terrific! I can't explain the utter cool factor involved in holding in my hands the finished product of so many months of private work. It's very gratifying...and a little surreal.

Just a few steps now, and the book will be available to all:

* Secure the ISBN (easy)
* Upload the new cover and innards (with the afformentioned ISBN now included)
* And that's it!

I'll announce it here the instant the book is ready. At the same time, I'll be announcing the live launch of the Pearlsong Website (www.thepearlsongrefounding.com), which will be the main portal to visit to buy both Gideon's Dawn and Waymaker, and to send all (and I mean ALL) of your friends and relatives to so they can buy the books too! You peeps are the only marketing department I've got, so spread the word!


A Word is heard weeping in the plains,
“Make way for the Pearl!
Make clear the path of the Staff of Life!”
He wears a crown of black upon his head
And on his shoulders a mantle of deliverance has been laid,
For the sake of the Refounding Age
That he is called to preach as herald, as witness,
as the maker of ways.
—From the writings of the Prophet Shikinah, in the year S.C. 1600

5 comments:

Again617 said...

Wow! I'm super excited. I will be ordering it as soon as it's available.

Jeff said...

woohoo...I know at least a few people excited to buy these the second they come out! :)

You've done a great job self-publishing!

Anonymous said...

so uh...the new site's up...are we clear to buy the books? :)

Michael D. Warden said...

Hey Anon...

Wow...so it is! We're doing some last minute house cleaning on the site. Official launch is this coming Monday. But if you'd like to go ahead and buy the books thru the site, go for it!!

Thanks!

Michael

Anonymous said...

Ok good. My pregnant wife requested that I get her those two books by September 1st. She wants to read them before the baby comes later that month. So thanks for keeping me out of trouble!