Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Holy Side of Anger

My latest coaching column, "The Holy Side of Anger," is now published on Crosswalk.com. Here it is:

I'm amazed how often I have to get angry on my client's behalf.

They'll be sitting there telling me about how their boss has been steamrolling right over them emotionally and professionally for the past year, and they'll sound just as calm as a saint as they recount one injustice after another. Yes, they're frustrated, they admit that much. But they don't want to "lose control" or get too riled up about it. Maybe it's just an opportunity for them to learn patience, anyway.

Do you see how nuts that is?

Click Here to read the rest...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I would think you'd see more of the opposite problem: people that get angry instead of learning patience.

You bring up a good point though and I'd like your opinion. From my take on the scriptures, the only time "holy" anger is justified is when it's directed towards someone or some group that is blaspheming God and His ways. Especially if that person or group is falsely claiming to be of God.