Saturday, January 05, 2008

Novel Update...My New Heroes

Exciting developments, people! With the decision to self-publish the novels, my life has suddenly become a whirlwind of activity. There's so much to be done...edit the books, typeset the books, proofread the books, design the covers, create the purchase process, design and build a new website for the book series where folks can buy the books, write the third book, get my photo taken, and on it goes. But it's all exciting stuff!

And by the love and mercy of God, some wonderful and amazingly talented folks have stepped up to help! One (or rather, two) are Lisa and Karl Lauffer. Lisa is both a certified coach and a professional editor, Karl is a rocket scientist (really, a rocket scientist!) who has a keen eye for detail. These two have graciously offered to serve as my evaluative team for Waymaker! They have the book now and are pouring through it with a critical eye to make it the best it can be. And they're doing it as a gift! Amazing!

And if that weren't enough, there's Josh. Josh Tilton, that is, a graphic artist, web designer and all around creative guru who has stepped up to offer (again, as a gift!!!) his expertise to help me design and create both of the new book covers for Gideon's Dawn & Waymaker, AND a website for the series. You can see in the photo a small snippet of the website design that Josh is working on. Cool, huh? But it's just a swatch, 'cause it's still in process and I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Woo hoo and hallelujah! My deepest gratitude goes out to these folks for offering their expertise so graciously. I'm blown away, humbled, and extremely thankful. Wow.

Monday, I'll be meeting with an industry contact to talk about what it will take to typeset the books (that is, get the inside of the books ready for the printer). I'm hoping it won't break the bank, but it probably will. :) Still, with all the blessings I've experienced so far, I'm very hopeful!

We're on our way!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series -- I was very disappointed when Barbour only published the first volume.