Wednesday, December 26, 2007

C.S. Lewis Quote That Nails Me


(sorry for the small print...click on the photo to see a larger version that you can actually read)

Possible #1 reason most Christians aren't experiencing a quality of life that's all that different from those who don't follow Christ: Because we pursue Christ with the mistaken assumption that the "abundant life" he promises is something separate from himself. We cry out for his benefits but fail to crave him. We do not recognize that he is abundant life...knowing him, intimate communion with him, doing life with him, Immanuel (God with Us)--this is life to the full...and his intention has always been nothing less than to give us himself.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love C.S. Lewis. No matter how many times you read him, you always come across something new, something that challenges you.
An abundant life...I think most of the time when people read that (me included!) I attach all the things that I think I should have that would make my life abundant. Yet am I really looking at the purpose for which I was created? That of having an intimate and fulfilling relationship with my Creator, of worshipping him with my life? He has done and continues to do EVERYTHING to have an intimate, loving and personal relationship with me. What am I spending MY time on? What do I consider an abundant life, truly? All means nothing if my life is not in step with Him, and He is not seen in all that I say and do. Wow, I have a long way to go! But He is with me every step of the way.