Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Blogging Course Change



I've been thinking about this blog lately and have come to a decision. Now that my business site is up and running (www.ascentcoachinggroup.com), I'm going to broaden the focus of this blog to include more stuff beyond coaching and writing--more personal ramblings, comments on culture society movies books faith heart love what have you, and anything else I find intriguing. I'll still include the stuff on coaching and writing, of course. But more. Better. Faster. I'm going bionic. I'm taking the red pill. And I don't have a clue where the rabbit hole will lead or what will show up.

Truth is, I'm a master at drawing out other people's hearts, but am often shy about laying out my own. I'm not afraid of being known. I think it's more that I'm wary of my own capacity to clearly convey the lay of the land inside my soul. It's a big land, for one thing; I've barely begun to chart it all. But has anyone, really? That seems like a silly excuse. So maybe the thing is not to try to draw you a map, but to invite you to join me in exploring the uncharted now.

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.


--The Lord of the Rings

No comments: