Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Warfare of Waymaker


Every week I receive emails from folks who are anxious to see the release of Waymaker (or the re-release of Gideon's Dawn). A handful of these lately have taken a more direct tone--sometimes still with humor, and some with no humor at all, but rather a distinct hard edge to them--either calling me out to "get on with it" or demanding that I stop sinning and fulfill my vow to publish these books. I clearly recognize the heart behind these messages...to provoke me to action, to rattle me awake, even to inspire me to get my tush in gear. Honestly, I appreciate them. No man is beyond the need for a friend to poke and prod him forward when he is tempted to draw back from his call. And though the words have at times been harsh, the spirit behind them is equally clear. They are pushing me toward good action.

So let me say this: I hear you. I appreciate you. And I take every message before God, to see what He may show me through your words.

But let me challenge you as well, to include in your perspective a larger view: Writing is war. Publishing (that is, getting published) is war as well. Mine is not the only will at work concerning when and how these books get published. There are forces--both natural and spiritual--with a vested interest in either furthering or hindering the release of The Pearlsong Refounding.

So as you challenge me (and I hope you will continue to), I ask that you pray for me as well. Pray for the books to be released. Pray for favor with the agent and publisher of God's choosing. Pray against the spiritual forces set against these books ever coming to print. Pray for God's will to prevail--both in me and in those who have influence over when and how these books come out. Join me in this good battle. I welcome you on the front lines, where I am now. (Ephesians 6:12)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your website by accident and before I left, this blog entry caught my attention. As I read it, I applauded your ability to read between the words and see a higher ground. You're obviously special and although I haven't had the pleasure of reading your books (yet), I already know their worth my time. This book will fall into the right hands and the timing will be perfect. And, when it does, you might come to better understand why you needed to take "pause".

All the best to you.
Keep shining!
Lisa

Dan a' Donn said...

A friend of mine had trouble getting an animated movie out so he decided to put it on the web and give the option of making a donation. It didn't work too well, but soon after he landed a great deal and the film had great success in Europe and Asia. I think his generosity and freedom was rewarded. Just something to think about; there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Michael D. Warden said...

Thanks for the tip, Dan. Definitely gives me something to think about.