Friday, April 20, 2007

Soon to Be "Wild at Heart" in Colorado


After 3+ years of trying to get in to the wildly popular "Wild at Heart" men's retreats, I finally won the lottery and am signed up to attend. The retreats, typically led by John Eldredge (who wrote the book of the same name), are sponsored by Ransomed Heart, which I think is perhaps the coolest name ever for an organization of its type.

I'm not sure if I'll have the chance, but I'm looking forward to the possibility of speaking one-on-one with John Eldredge while I'm there. Curiously, we share a number of common friends and acquaintances, but we've never had the chance to meet in person. So maybe this will be the time.

I'm heading out the first part of May--to Winter Park, CO, which is doubly cool because a) it's my old stomping grounds and b) it's just cool there. I expect it to be a really enriching time, and I also expect to learn a lot about the ins and outs of putting on an experiential retreat of this sort. I'll let you know what I uncover.

No comments: