Monday, January 15, 2007

Remembering Your Dream

Today, I was encouraged by the writings of a fellow coach--a colleague of mine named Lydia Richards. She reminded me to grab hold with both hands the dream God has put in you, and never let it go:

"We are reminded today of the power of having a dream and holding it high.

"As Christians, we know that God has shaped a dream in each of our hearts. 'And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.' Joel 2:28

"Friends in Christ, God has given YOU a dream, and everything you need to move forward right now! In that now famous speech Martin Luther King spoke of 'the fierce urgency of Now.' He said, 'This is no time to ….take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism.'

"Your dream is a holy gift…. too important to wait on.

"It might feel like you are not ready yet. Never mind. God is ready and working in you, and through you, right now.

"Maybe you don’t know what step to take next. Never mind. God asks you to pray while walking.

"Your dream may feel too big. Perhaps it is too big for you. Never mind. It is not too big for God to do through you!

"Others may not see what you see… yet. Never mind. God sees what is possible.

"You may be scared. Yeah…so? God never said it wouldn’t be scary. He did say He would be there with you, and that he would be the “Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.”

"So what is your dream….the one that makes you gulp when you think of it?

"What one action could you take this week to say 'yes' to God, and move meaningfully toward the dream He has given you?

"May you know that you are held in Christ. May his dream for you spring to life in a new way this week. May you powerfully move toward that dream, even if you tremble while you do it. "


Learn more about Lydia at her website: www.lifestrategiesgroup.com Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amy Rebecca said...

I am definitely terrified of taking the next step closer to my dream. I am the type of person to help others reach their goals and dreams while forgoing my own. I pray God help me overcome this way of life and guide me to a new way of living and thinking. Not to be selfish but to think of myself as important as well.