Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Coaches Out to Change the World, One Heart at a Time















Last night I returned from Breckenridge, Colorado, where I spent the last 4 days meeting with a team of certified Christian life coaches and spiritual directors who have come together to create the content of a workshop we'll be presenting at Gateway (my home church) this Fall. Entitled "Transformational Leadership," this leaders-only workshop explores what it really looks like to inspire transformation in others, as well as to experience authentic transformation in our own lives.

This workshop represents the first offerings of a new non-profit organization I'm heading up called WayPoint Coaching. Our goal is as simple as it is grand: to inspire irreversible transformation in people's lives by bringing coaching to the church. Next year, we'll be taking this workshop to churches all across the country. But Gateway is the first. That seems so appropriate to me--not only because Gateway is my home, but also because of what Gateway itself is becoming. Over the next few years, I believe we'll see Gateway become a key leader in our nation in the arena of spiritual formation and authentic life transformation. It seems fitting to me that WayPoint Coaching should have its genesis there. (www.gatewaychurch.com )

If you'd like to learn more about WayPoint Coaching and our workshop offerings, or are interested in exploring the possibility of us coming to a church in your area, drop me a line. Just visit my contact page at www.michaelwarden.com/contact.aspx.

Here's to making dreams real... Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jeff Wright, Denver CO said...

Mike - I'm very excited for you and the WayPoint team and this new venture. I look forward to following the transformations.

Peace my brother.

RosalieG said...

The more that introduce the concept to the church, the better it is for the rest of us.

It's time the church stopped denying new concepts like coaching and embraced it for the health of its constituents and the spread of the gospel by helping people get their life questions answered and their focus encouraged.