Thursday, January 13, 2005

We're Back!

Hello again! Thanks to all of you who wrote in voicing concern over the recent unexplained disappearance of my website, and the subsequent reappearance of the OLD website for a time, before at long last my real, current website finally reappeared from the ether. I'm happy to report that all is once again as it should be, and that I am, though frustrated by the recent weirdness on the site, fine.

As to why the site went all goofy, the short version is that my webhost not long ago attempted to install a Windows patch designed to fortify their servers. Unfortunately, the patch crashed the server instead...the very server upon which my site resided in innocent oblivion. Gone was she, verily wiped from the virtual universe, save on some backup harddrive locked away in a distant basement somewhere in the dank tunnels beneath my webhost's building (wherever that is, which I suddenly realize I have no idea). Yet my vigilant webhosts (being good hosts, after all) labored hard and long, and with many explitives eventually resurrected and restored the site to its proper place in the virtual universe. And now, alas, I am come again.

As I write this, I am sitting in a hotel room in San Rafael, CA, beside a pond, beside a freeway that I last saw over a decade ago on a solo road trip I took up the west coast from San Diego. I have just been through a day of testing by a panel of master coaches, and am now ready...very ready...to sleep for about 5 or 6 days. I am exhausted. But I will only be able to sleep tonight, for tomorrow I fly back home, where several clients await my return so that my attention can once again be given to their lives and their projects. It's been a trying day, to be honest. But it went well, I think, and I find myself feeling relieved that it is over. One more mountain has been climbed. Or so I hope. I won't receive the official results of my testing today for at least 4 weeks.

My last visit to San Rafael was followed by an earthquake. I'm not saying there's a connection. I'm just noticing. But all the same, I will feel better when my feet once again stand on soil that is less prone to quiver.

Until next time,
Michael
www.michaelwarden.com

2 comments:

OneYearBibleBlog.com said...

Mike - glad to see your website is back! And your blog too. I have been meaning to thank you for a long time now for leading the Mid-Week Bible study at Pathways a year or two ago. The times that I attended with you leading were amazing. I'm now reading My Utmost for His Highest every day thanks to you. And I read The Red Tent thanks to you. And, well, yeah, I've got this little One Year Bible Blog thing going - and I for sure will give you some props on this too - though, there were a few others that inspired the blog too. But - your Biblical teaching style I will always remember, treasure - and try to emulate! Thanks for who you are in Christ!

Grace!
Mike

Michael D. Warden said...

Thanks Mike! and great to hear from you. I'll be sure to check out your blog soon. Run with courage--