Saturday, November 20, 2004

Waymaker is Going on "Sojourn"!

Many of you have written in recent days expressing concern over rumors that Waymaker is not going to be published. Well, here's the straight truth: My publisher, Barbour, has made the decision to not carry Waymaker or its sequel, The Word That Prevails. So it's true that Barbour isn't going to publish either book. The decision was a difficult one for them, but reflects a shift in their overall direction as a publisher. One of their executives explained it this way, "We are turning our focus in full-length fiction to romance and women's oriented titles--the areas in which we've found our greatest success. Maybe another publisher can make Gideon sing--and can generate real sales for what everyone believes is a good book."

And so, Barbour and I have amicably parted ways. But do not think for a second that I'm giving up on the work! No way! My agent and I have already started the ball rolling toward finding a new home for Waymaker and The Word That Prevails. I firmly believe that this bump in the road has happened for a reason, and I am confident that the series will soon find a new home--one that will fully support the passion of Gideon's story and bring it to the world. I do ask that you pray that this process will happen quickly--after all, we're all anxious to see Waymaker in print!


Waymaker Lives! Posted by Hello I promise to keep you informed as the story unfolds--both through my website message board and in future issues of the SOJOURNER. Thank you so much for your interest and concern for me and for Waymaker. Please pass this information along to anyone you know who is wondering what's up. It will help allay their fears, and will help me avoid being inundated with hundreds of emails!

No comments: