Saturday, September 18, 2004

Waiting is the Hardest Part

Can it really be 8 months since I first started working on this new website? Well...actually, it's been a tad longer than that, though I am loathe to admit it. I think the first money went out sometime around November of last year (remember 2003? yeah, me neither). But (and it's a big but), my programmer sent me to the beta site today and lo and behold, we got ourselves a daggum freakin' website!

(And there was much rejoicing)

Just a little spit and polish to go, and she'll be ready to fly. By the time you read this (unless you stumbled upon me by accident--ouch and oh no!) it will already be up and these words will just be so much reminiscent fodder for your perusal. In fact, you're probably only skimming.

Eh...I can't blame you.

Given all that, I'm STILL excited about the site going up. It's been such a labor...I was going to say "of love," but we'll just leave it at that. But it is good, and interesting, and holds great promise for the entire internet population...OK, now that's just delirious.

But maybe in the end, Field of Dreams will turn out to be right after all. If you build it, they will come.

Come, people of the internet. I beckon thee.

No comments: